Currently there is no training in the dojo until January 2021 or until further notice depending on the restriction status in relation to COVID-19
training guidelines updated 1 December 2020
1. Class size will be a maximum of 3 pods of 6.
2. You must book your place in the class by filling in the contact tracing or declaration form on our website. This books your place.
3. The club policy on Covid must be read. Read the policy here.
4. Priority will be given for beginners to green belt for the 6pm class. If there are spaces left they will be allocated in order of ascending rank.
5. If there are no spaces in the 6pm class you must wait for the 7.20pm class.
6. There will be separate entry and exit doors to the dojo.
7. The first class will finish at 7.10pm. There will be a 10 minute cleaning and the second class begins at 7.20pm sharp.
8. Please bring a small personal hand sanitiser and a hand towel. These are compulsory.
9. Please bring exact amount when paying for the class. There will be a box to place it in. No change will be given.
10. Wear a mask when entering the center and the wearing of a mask is a personal choice when you are training.
You may learn karate to improve your fitness and strength, lose weight, make new friends or become a serious karate student pursuing the life journey.
Classes & Training Join a class, get fit.
Tuesday & Thursday
6.00pm to 7.10pm
Tuesday & thursday
7.20pm to 8.30pm
monday & thursday
4.30pm to 5.30pm
mentors Our brilliant mentors
Our dojo is located in St Joseph’s Community Centre in Shantalla.
Within the dojo, the wooden floor is covered by training mats which make training more comfortable. Equipments are available for use to train your punching and kicking power, striking accuracy and fitness training.
Feel free to contact us if you want to try out our classes. You may also drop in into our dojo to check on our classes.
find us here
St Joseph’s Community Centre, Shantalla, Galway
sensei Jesse enkamp seminar June 2018
Our club is privileged to have an outstanding world-renowned karate master as a guest to conduct a karate seminar for our club members. Read karate blogs by Sensei Jesse Enkamp on karatebyjesse.com